Rax ropeway & "Hut Hopping at the Rax Alp"
The Rax Alp hiking pin
This tour starts at the Rax ropeway and leads you in less than ten minutes up to 1.547m above sea level to the mountain inn via the "Praterstern", going on to the "Ottohaus", and the "Seeweg" to the "Seehütte". From there, you will walk via the "Trinksteinsattel" to the "Habsburghaus", then to the "Karl-Ludwig-Haus" via the "Schneekogel", the "Schlangenweg" to the "Waxriegelhaus", down to the "Preiner Gscheid". You'll get your hiking passports in all of the huts, and you'll get the hiking pin as well as the corresponding map at the tourism office in Reichenau, at the "Knusperhäuschen Hirschwang" and at the mountain inn "Preiner Gscheid".
The Mountain Rescue Team recommends for your tour:
Detailed tour planning, be informed about the local conditions before your trip. (Homepage, special literature, etc.)
- Do not overestimate yourself
- Health condition
- How fit am I?
- Mountaineering preconditions
- Be informed about the weather
- In Winter, be informed about avalanche warnings
- Time schedule - plan your trip so that you will reach the valley before the coming of the night, unless you have planned an overnight stay at a mountain shelter
- Head back in time
- in case of a sudden weather change
- before the coming of the night
- in case the chosen route is too difficult
- in case you took the wrong direction
- Proper equipment and clothes suiting the season
- Check-up of equipment - prior to your tour, examine your equipment if it is in good condition
- Get more information at the alpine huts
- In case of emergency - Mountain Rescue emergeny call 140 / Europe emergency call 112 (Police)
- Mountain Rescue Headquarters Sat/Sun/Holidays from 9.00 am. until 6.00 pm. via 02666/52512
- Homepage Mountain Rescue Reichenau www.bergrettung-reichenau-rax.at